According to tradition, This temple was built in 1407 as name of Yakuou-ji Temple.
Yakuou-ji Temple was cause burning caught up in fighting in the Warring States Period, was built as Iou-ji Temple in 1624.
There are enshrined Ebisu-sama of the Shibamata Seven Deities of Good Fortune.
In God’s “business prosperity”, “rich harvest”, a long time ago it had been the guardian angel of the fishery.
It is God’s only Japanese origin in the Seven Deities of Good Fortune.
He has a fishing rod in his right hand and has sea bream on the left hand, it is characterized.